10. Arsenal’s 2-0 Win Over Borussia Dortmund
Arsenal put together one of the greatest displays of attacking football in recent memory in the Champions League against Borussia Dortmund last year.
More from Pain in the Arsenal
- 3 observations from Arsenal’s victory at Goodison Park
- 3 standout players from 1-0 victory over Everton
- 3 positives & negatives from Goodison Park victory
- Arsenal vs PSV preview: Prediction, team news & lineups
- 3 talking points from Arsenal’s victory at Goodison Park
Everything about their performance was on point, from the fluidity of their passing to their sharpness in front of goal. Arsenal managed to get off to a quick start with Yaya Sanogo scoring his first professional goal for the club in the second minute of the game to put the Gunners ahead.
The strike calmed a lot of nerves, as Arsenal would qualify for the round of 16 with a win on the night. Alexis Sanchez made it two-nil to the Arsenal in the second half, as the threat of a Dortmund comeback quickly began to fade. Alexis’ goal sent the home fans into a delirium, as it secured yet another season of Arsenal being in the knockout stage of the competition.
The win is an important moment in Arsenal’s Champions League history given that they managed to beat the previous year’s finalists so resoundingly. It was a result that all Arsenal fans look back on fondly, and one where they can be proud of the way the team fought tooth and nail for the win.
Next: Number 9